During this week’s COSI Webdev meeting I covered topics for CS Outreach as well
as other misc. topics.
During this week’s COSI Webdev meeting, we continued our discussion about
Clarkson University CS Outreach, the idea surrounding projects including Hour
of Code, IgniteCS, and other projects.
We’ve condensed our ideas about webpages for the site to include:
- Homepage: a page to include a quick overview on who we are and a short
history of our creation
- Programs: A page for a list of programs we put on and are involved with
including Hour of Code, our Project Challenge class, as well as others. Each
program will include a seperate page just for content on that program.
- Sponsors: A page for our sponsors who help us make our vision a possibility
- Resources: A place to find more resources on topics we discuss in our programs.
- Media: A place for press releases / photo albums involving CS Outreach.
- Conact: A page to allow people to contact us.
Further, we wanted to make it more formal and involving the entirity of CS at
Clarkson rather than just be a program that COSI puts on. Some ideas included
having a top level subdomain & email for the program, and I’ll be talking with
various CS Professors about this during the week of Jan 23.
These are notes taken from the fourth COSI Webdev team meeting, which can be found
in presentation form here. Benjamin discussed updates on the following projects:
This meeting, we discussed ideas on how to improve our Mirror and Dubsdot pages, and implementing a CS Outreach page overarching our current igniteCS homepage. Some of the things we talked about were:
- Implementing a consistent style across site, text in middle of page.
- Loading cosi-nav straight from Dubsdot.
- Having descriptive icons within currently implemented link boxes.
- CS Outreach
- Implementing a site for all CS outreach programs and projects.
- Easy-to-follow link for project challenge mentees.
- Would link to current igniteCS website, as well as any other future programs.
- Hero image. [See official Google igniteCS page for example.
- Press release page.
- Contact page.
- Sponsor page.
- Resources page
- Tutorials, downloads, useful pages etc.
- Pictures, make the site prettier.
Over the next week, Benjamin will design a CS Outreach site mockup. We’ll discuss changes to this design and new ideas next Sunday, and from there start implementing the website. Hope everyone had a great break!
Last Thursday, I gave an intro workshop to the typsetting system known as LaTeX.
The slides for the workshop can be found here.
This past sunday, we had a short meeting for COSI Webdev. Mainly, I went
through each site and discussed some improvements to them. Some examples